Sunday, November 22, 2009

Rebirth

Here's a thought to think about,
some knowledge for your head.
What would happen if you woke up
to find that you were dead?

Is there an afterlife? you ask.
Or maybe just dark space?
Well, I'll tell you what happened to me,
I came back as Guy Berryman's bass.

That's right, that sexy man
held me in his hands.
I opened my eyes to see
a crowd of 15,000 Coldplay fans.

They were dancing and singing
and having lots of fun.
But soon it was all over,
the concert was finally done.

So, I rode in a truck of sorts
with various other things,
like Jon's guitar and the microphone
into which dear Christopher sings.

Welcome to our group! they said.
We hope that you are well.
Then suddenly there was a giant crash
and people started to yell.

There was an accident, it seems
a truck smashed into us.
But everything went black right then,
I left without a fuss.

Did you die again? you ask.
Is that what happened there?
Yes, and what went down after
was quite extraordinarily rare.


When I came back a second time
it was more than I could stand. Oh!
Because, you see, this second time
I became Chris's piano.

What were the chances?
Two Coldplay lives in one day.
Chris ran towards me from the side of the stage
and soon began to play.

While that crazy man's dance moves
are sometimes cause of laughter,
we all know what happens to that piano
and I was dead again soon after.

Then I was my old self,
before I ever died.
It was all a dream, it seems,
so when I woke up, I sighed.

It was a wonderful dream, of course,
a lovely way to spend
my hours asleep, but all good things
must eventually come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment