Monday, November 16, 2009

Chris'd like to say

I found that poem you wrote today.
It was laying on the floor.
But don't you worry, Jonnyboy,
because I love you so much more

than you can imagine. Really,
I just don't understand how
one single person by himself
can make me feel like I do now.

Your smile, your voice, your pale green eyes,
your contagious and lovely laugh.
No one else could take my heart
and soul just like you have.

So please don't be afraid
to tell me how you feel.
Because this love, our love,
I know it's definitely real.

We'll be so great together
when the time finally arrives
for us to declare our love
that will last for the rest of our lives.

Maybe I'll go first, then,
since now seems to be the time
what with us writing out our feelings
in poorly written rhyme.

That's no offense to you, of course
because your writing is top-notch.
I'm talking about myself mostly,
my poems are hard to watch.

See? Like that.
It should actually be 'read'
but I'm bad at this poetry stuff
so I think I'll just cede.

But one last thing I just thought
that you'd like to hear from me
you're my number one and thus
my dear, my love, Jonny.

No comments:

Post a Comment