Monday, November 16, 2009

Cold Games (Finished)

GUY'S girlfriend is preggers, but it might not be his! Ooh, drama!
It's a slash fic!

---

Guy sat alone in a small room of the Bakery, quietly playing his bass. A long shadow fell over him as a tall man walked into the room. Guy looked up, and identified the man as Will.

“Hey, Will,” he said, quickly returning to his song.

“You been here all night?” Guy stopped playing, and placed his bass aside.

“What do you want?” he asked, avoiding making eye contact with the drummer.

“I want to know if you've been here all night or not.”

“Maybe I have been.”

“Why?”

“Is that any of your business?” Guy coldly asked.

“Does it have to do with Sierra leaving?”

“She didn't leave.”

“Then where is she?” Guy stood up and walked around the room a bit. He stopped to admire the drawings on the wall that he had already seen a million times before. “Guy?”

“The doctor's,” Guy said in a low voice. Will stepped towards him, and slowly reached out to grab his shoulder.

“Is everything OK?”

“She's...” Guy paused to take a deep breath, and continued, “Pregnant.”
________________________________________

Chris sat alone on the couch in the living room of the apartment he and Jonny shared. He was just staring across the room, a drink held tightly in his hand, thinking when the door opened.

“You're still up?” Jonny asked as he shut the door behind him.

“It's only... two in the morning,” Chris replied. “I couldn't sleep.”

“Still thinking?”

“Yeah.” Jonny walked over to the arm of the couch, and rested his hands on it.

“Are you gonna tell me what you've been thinking about?”

“I've been thinking about a lot of things,” Chris replied, turning his head away from Jonny and taking a large swig of his drink.

“Why do you have to be so difficult?” Chris looked up at Jonny, his jaw slightly tensing. He took a deep breath and relaxed his face.

“How was your date? Must have gone well if you're out until two.”

“It was... fine.” Jonny looked down at his hands.

“Are you going to be seeing her again?” Chris solemnly asked.

“No, I don't think so.”

“Why not?”

“She's pregnant...” Jonny slowly looked up until his eyes met with Chris'. “With Guy's baby.”

-

“It's yours?” Will asked. Guy was still facing the wall, though he had turned his head to the side.

“Of course.” He fully turned, a look of worry spread across his face. “Why, do you think it could be someone else's?”

“No,” Will lied. “It has to be yours.” Guy wasn't fooled, though.

“What do you know?”

“I don't know anything.”

“Stop lying to me!” Guy yelled. “I know you know something, now tell me!”

“I can't,” Will whispered.

“Why not?” Guy angrily asked.

“It would hurt you too much,” Will answered, looking down at the ground.

“I don't care. Tell me.”

“Sierra... well...”

“Come on! Spit it out already.”

“Sierra cheated on you.” Will cautiously looked up. Guy already looked hurt, but Will knew it was nothing compared to what he would feel after the bomb he was about to drop. “With Jonny.”
________________________________________

“You were dating Sierra?!” Chris exclaimed in outrage. He stood up, slammed his drink down on the table beside him, and walked up to Jonny. “How could you?”

“No,” Jonny said. “How could she?”

“How could both of you?! You knew she was seeing Guy... and so did she.” Jonny chuckled, and Chris couldn't believe how insensitive Jonny was being.

“She and I were dating long before she started seeing Guy.”

“What?”

“We kept it hidden, and decided that if one of us should want to pursue a relationship with someone else... then that would be OK.”

“Then you have no right to be upset about her seeing other people,” Chris said.

“But she chose to see one of my best friends. And she never told Guy that we were dating.”

“So she's having his baby?”

“Yes,” Jonny said in a quiet voice, lowering his eyes and frowning.

“There's no chance of it being yours?” Chris asked, and Jonny shook his head.

“No. I never slept with her.”

“Do you think... it could be someone else's?” Chris picked up his drink, and just stared at it.

“You mean... she was seeing someone other than Guy or me?”

“I... may have slept with her...” Chris said, looking up at Jonny with apologetic eyes. “Twice.”

-

“Jon... I'll kill him!” Guy yelled, storming past Will.

“Wait, Guy! Don't you think this is just as much her fault?”

“I can't kill her, though, she's pregnant,” Guy said in a resentful tone.

“And you can't kill Jonny, he's one of your best friends.”

“But he... slept with my girlfriend.”

“Well,” Will began, “I don't know that they actually slept together, but I did see them once having dinner at a fancy restaurant downtown.”

“That's bad enough.” Guy opened the door, and walked outside. Waiting patiently on the bench just outside the entrance was a woman with curly blond hair and bright green eyes. “Sierra?”

“Guy! I was waiting for you,” she smiled.

“Don't smile at me,” Guy snapped.

“What's wrong?”

“I know what you did... or who, rather.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked in a panicked tone.

“I know you cheated on me!”

“No, it meant nothing, I swear! Chris and I, we were just-”

Chris?” Guy asked, and Sierra's face fell.

“That's not... Who were you talking about?”

“Jonny. You slept with Chris?” he asked, disgustedly.

“It was only once... and a second time. But after that, it didn't happen again.” Guy walked away, and Sierra followed him with her eyes. “Where are you going?”

“I was gonna kill Jonny,” Guy said, turning around. “But now I've got to go kill Chris, too.”
__________________________________________________

“I... can't believe...” Jonny walked around the arm of the couch and took a seat. Chris sat down next to him, and warmly placed a hand on Jonny's shoulder.

“I'm sorry, man. If I had known, I wouldn't have done it.”

“But you knew about her and Guy.”

“Actually, I slept with her before they got together. But I only did it 'cause... 'cause...”

“Because what?” Jonny asked, looking up at Chris.

“Well, I mean, the first time I was a bit drunk, and I had no clue what I was doing. And the second time I... well, I was just looking for a distraction.”

“Distraction? From what?” Chris looked away from Jonny, turning his head to the floor.

“A very special person. Someone who I didn't think I could ever have, so I just... slept with Sierra instead.” Jonny's eyes carefully surveyed every feature of Chris' face.

“Who?” he asked in a whisper. Chris' gaze moved to Jonny, and he opened his mouth to speak. As he did so, however, Guy burst through the door.

“Bastards!” he yelled, paying no attention to the fact that it was two in the morning. “Both of you! I'll kill you.”

“You found out?” Jonny asked.

“Of course I found out! And now you're gonna die, both of you.”

“No, don't hurt Jonny!” Chris exclaimed, hopping to his feet. “He didn't sleep with her, I did.”

“But he was dating her.”

“Before you were dating her. And actually, I slept with her before you were dating her, too.” Guy's expression softened a bit, and he unclenched his fists.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I promise.”

“It could be yours...” Guy muttered. “The baby could be yours...”

“It's probably yours, though,” Chris reassured him, stepping forward and patting him on the shoulder. Though he appeared to have calmed down, Guy suddenly snapped and tightly gripped his hands around Chris' throat.

-

“Guy, what do you think you're doing??” Jonny asked, panicked and outraged.

“What does it look like I'm doing?” Guy snapped back. “I'm trying to choke Chris.” Jonny grabbed Guy's arm and attempted to pull him away from Chris. His attempts were smothered, however, when Guy's foot found its way to his crotch. Jonny winced and fell to the ground in pain. Chris was trying to pry Guy's fingers from his neck, but he was growing weaker and weaker by the second.

“Guy, stop it!!” a woman suddenly shouted. Guy turned his head to see Sierra standing in the open doorway. He looked back at Chris, who was on the brink of losing consciousness, and reluctantly removed his arms from their murderous position. Chris stumbled backwards and on to the couch, grabbing his chest and gasping for air. Jonny worked through his own pain to reach out to Chris. “What were you thinking?”

Guy viciously turned to Sierra. “I was thinking that these people are supposed to be my best friends, yet they don't seem to care about how sleeping with you would make me feel!”

“Jonny... didn't sleep with her,” Chris breathed.

“Would you like me to finish what I started before?”

“Guy! I didn't cheat on you with either of them, OK?”

“You slept with Chris.”

“Yes, but that was at least two days before you asked me out.”

“He knew how I felt about you,” Guy muttered.

“If it makes you... feel better,” Chris struggled, still trying to catch his breath. “I was just... using her...”

“How would that make me feel better?”

“Oh, thank God!” All three men looked at Sierra suspiciously. “Well, it's just that I was using Chris, too. I don't feel so bad about it now. And anyway, if I cheated on anyone, I cheated on Jonny.”

“That's true,” Jonny quietly said.

“So sorry, man,” Chris said, detecting the hint of sadness in Jonny's tone.

“Don't be, you didn't know.”

“You know who did know?” a mysterious voice asked. Everyone turned to see who was producing such a sound.

“Will?!” Chris exclaimed. “How did you get here?”

“I climbed up the fire escape,” Will nonchalantly replied.

“Why?” Jonny asked.

“I thought it would be fun... but that's beside the point. Can't you all see who's really to blame here?”

“Yeah, Chris,” Guy coldly said.

“No, Sierra.”

“He's got a point,” Chris agreed.

“Exactly, if she could just not be a whore, then none of this would have-”

“Hey!” Sierra yelled. “I'm not a whore!”

“Yeah, OK,” Will sarcastically replied. “And just how many of the guys in this room have you slept with? Half? And you're dating half of them. And they're not the same half, either!”

“Oh, whatever! None of it matters anymore, because I'm having Guy's baby.” She lovingly grabbed Guy's arm, placed her other hand on her stomach, and smiled, “And I'll be so faithful to the father of my daughter... or son, whichever it is.”

“You know for a fact that it's mine?” Guy asked.

“Oh... well... no.” She looked down to the ground. “I suppose it might not be yours.”

“Whore!” Will coughed.

“I'm sorry,” Guy said. “But I think Will is right. I mean, you don't even know if the baby is mine... and I'm going to guess that there's a chance it's not mine or Chris'.”

“You think I slept with another guy?” Sierra asked.

“I don't really know what to think anymore. Except that this,” Guy motioned to himself and Sierra, “isn't going to work.”

“What am I supposed to do? You're just gonna let me raise this kid by myself?”

“You'll find someone else,” Jonny said. “You'll always find someone else.”

“Oh, Jonny,” she said in an apologetic tone. “You never did see anyone else, did you?”

“There wasn't anyone else I wanted to see,” he replied. “Well, maybe there was one person... but it wouldn't have happened, so I didn't bother.”

“I'm sorry, Jonny. You deserved so much better than me, really. And if there's someone you like, then go for it! You never know what's gonna happen until it happens, you know? Or doesn't happen.”

“You really think I should go for it?”

“Absolutely. I mean, look at me! I went for it, and look where I am now. Of course, I went for it a few too many times, it seems.” Back in the corner of the room, Will began to chuckle.

“That's 'cause you're a whore.”

-

“Well, this is weird,” Guy stated to Will, who was sitting beside him on Jonny's couch.

“I'll say. Plus, I accidentally entered the wrong apartment earlier,” Will shuddered. “Let's just say that Jonny's got some pretty attractive female neighbors... with some strange, strange fantasies.”

“Really?” Guy asked, leaning closer to Will. “How so?”

“Um...”

Meanwhile, Chris and Jonny were having a drink (or five) in the kitchen. Chris was swirling his drink around a bit, and Jonny was preoccupied with reading the label on the bottle of liquor.

“Is she nice? Nicer than Sierra at least?” Chris asked. Jonny looked up at him.

“Who?”

“The girl you like,” Chris replied, quickly taking a sip of his drink.

“I'd rather not talk about it.”

“Why not?” Jonny turned his head back to the bottle.

“Personal reasons,” he muttered.

“Ohhhh!” Chris exclaimed several moments later. “Jonny, I had no idea you swing that way.”

“What? No, it's just-”

“Is it Guy? He's handsome, I guess.”

“No, it's not-”

“Will? He looks pretty nice in a scarf, I suppose.”

“It's not Will,” Jonny insisted. Chris stared out into the living room, all the while still swirling his drink. A few minutes passed, and the room was still completely quiet.

“This is the awkwardest silence ever,” Chris said.

“Yep...” Still completely quiet.

“Oh, wow!” Guy exclaimed in the background. “And which apartment did you say she lives in?” Chris watched as Will inched away from Guy. He tried his hardest not to blurt out the question that was bursting inside of him, but he could only hold back for so long.

“Me?” he asked.

“You?” Jonny looked up.

“I guess not. No, yeah, never mind, that was a ridiculous thought.” Chris shook his head. “Wasn't it?” Jonny looked down for a brief moment, then moved closer to Chris. He reached his hand out and placed it lightly on top off Chris's.

“No,” he said, leaning further until his lips were nearly pressed up against Chris's ear. Then he whispered, “It's you.” Chris looked deeply into Jonny's pale green eyes.

“Good,” he swallowed. “Cause it's you, too.” Slowly, they leaned closer and closer until their lips finally met. Chris placed his empty hand on Jonny's hip and fumbled blindly to set his drink down on the counter. He missed, and the cup went crashing down the floor, shattering and producing a small puddle around their feet. Neither of them paid it any attention, however, until they were interrupted by a figure standing in the doorway.

“Whoa! What's going on in here?” Guy exclaimed. The other men broke apart and quickly tried to explain.

“Well... Jonny and I were just talking, and then, um...”

“And then we stopped talking...”

“Yeah, there was this really awkward silence...”

“It really was awkward...”

“And then we started talking again, and it was still a little bit awkward...”

“But it wasn't nearly so bad...”

“No, it wasn't nearly so bad, because...well...”

“Because you started making out?!?!” Guy finished.

“That's one way to put it, yeah.”

“...Why?”

“Um... it seemed like the right thing to do?” Chris shrugged.

“This is such a weird night. Unbelievable. I think I'm gonna go now.” Guy turned around and walked back into the living room, all the while shouting, “Will, what apartment was it, again?”

“He's right,” Jonny agreed. “It was a very weird night.”

“It sure was... wanna make out some more?”

Jonny looked at Chris for a moment, then shrugged, “Yeah, why not?”

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Guy's reaction to the making out was too funny! :D

    /A

    ReplyDelete