Monday, April 12, 2010

We Never Change?

"So, what are we gonna do tonight?" Chris asked. He and Jonny were sitting in Jonny's living room.

"Dunno... we could watch some telly," Jonny replied.

"Ooh, I love T.V. We should totally watch American Idol. Or America's Got Talent. Or America's Next Top Model." Jonny narrowed his eyes at Chris. Something seemed to be up. Chris was definitely acting weird. "Or American's Funniest Home Videos-"

"Have you gone mad?" Jonny interrupted.

"Mad?" Chris replied in a confused manner. "No, why would I be angry at you?"

"No... mad like... crackers."

"I'm not hungry, thanks," Chris smiled. Now it was Jonny's turn to be confused.

"What?"

"Actually, I changed my mind. I am hungry. Do you have any chips?"

"Chips? I thought you didn't like chips."

"Oh, I love me some chips. Ruffled ones are nice. And barbeque."

"Barbeque? Wait," Jonny paused. Just like that, the truth smacked him in the face. But... it couldn't be... "Chris, have you... have you turned American??"

"I don't know what you're talking about, dude."

Jonny fell to his knees, spread his arms wide, and let out a cinematic, "NOOOOO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment