Monday, April 12, 2010

100,000 eyes

Do I fancy Jonny? Do I fancy Jonny?
What a ridiculous thing for you to ask!


Of course I do.


Don't talk to me like you're blind. I know you're not blind.
Sometimes I wish you were, though; it would be a lot easier without a thousand eyes glaring at me.


He's blind, I think.


Or maybe his vision's just a little blurred. Should I get him some glasses?
Now that I think about it, it's plenty more than a thousand.


Maybe 100,000 eyes.


That's quite a lot. Would you mind giving them to Jonny?
He needs them to see, thanks.


It's hard to get the words out.


There are plenty of times I've tried. The same number, I've failed.
Oh, Christopher, we'll tell him for you!


But you don't say that.


You want me to do it. Otherwise it wouldn't be right.
Is it right that I should hide this everyday?


No, that's not right at all.


So, I should tell him. And how do you propose I do that?
On stage, in front of the 100,000 glaring eyes.


Give them to Jonny, so I won't have to tell him.


Or give them to me. Am I blind, too?
You all know better than either of us.


Stampede on stage and let us know.


Or else things will stay the same. Oh, hey, best friend.
It's nice to see you again.


But never in the same way as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment