Monday, April 12, 2010

Legend Has It

A legend exists that tells of a man
with big blue eyes and a lack of a tan
who one day was so hungry he did the weirdest thing;
he went up to his friend and he started to sing!

William! he sang, with a booming voice,
then he sang yet again and gave him a choice:
Either make me some lunch, or suffer the worst-
I'll say a few words and you shall be cursed.

Will snorted and turned his head away;
Will? Make lunch for Chris? Yeah, that'd be the day.
And Chris could curse him? He didn't think it so,
and he laughed and his laughter then started to grow.

It grew and increased until it filled the whole room,
then Chris muttered something and there was a BOOM!
a CRASH! and a big puff of smoke.
Will inhaled too much and he started to choke.

He fell to the ground and let his eyes close,
and it was another few hours before he once again rose.
Chris was still there, grinning like a Chesire cat,
and he leaned forward, saying, I think we need to have a chat.

What about? asked Will, rubbing his eyes.
And what did you do to me? That wasn't very wise,
I'm bigger than you and could probably beat
you and there's no way that you could even compete.

Will, chill out, man, Chris nonchalantly said,
All I did was just mess with your head.
You're not really cursed, though I must make my claim,
I cleverly decided to eat your middle name.

That's right, dear friend! My hungry is no more,
but only because I killed our rapport.
At least, I assume that you'll not want to be friendly with me
after discovering you're now only a W and a C.

Will was angry, no doubt, but there was nothing to be done;
during his unconscious period Chris had already won.
This is why he has no middle name, yet Chris has two-
Or so the legend says, who knows if it's true?

No comments:

Post a Comment