Monday, April 12, 2010

Meaning Sometimes Nothing

_____
Jonny has entered the conversation.

_____
Will has entered the conversation.

Chris says:
Hey guys!
Guy says:
Helloooooo, people.
Will says:
Hey.
Jonny says:
Hi!
How are you all?
Will says:
I'm good.
Guy says:
I'm doing fine.
Chris says:
Fantastic!
How are you, Jonny?
Jonny says:
I'm very well.
By the way, Will, thank you for sending me those records.
They were great.
Will says:
You're welcome.
I knew you'd like them.
Jonny says:
Yeah.
So, what are you going to send me next?
Will says:
Oh.....do you have a place to keep a Longhorn steer? It is arriving on Tuesday.
Jonny says:
I think I have room in my closet.
Will says:
Good.
Guy says:
Are you sure? I don't know if it will fit... I mean, Chris is skinny, but he still takes up quite a bit of room.
Chris says:
HEY!!
Shut up, you don't even know what you're talking about!
Guy says:
Oh really? Because before Jonny and Will got here, you were telling me about that thing... hmm...
Chris says:
I told you that in confidence, Guy!
Please.
Jonny says:
Guy, leave him alone.
Chris says:
Thank you, Jonny.
Guy says:
I was going to... but just for that...
Chris says:
GUY!!!!
____
Chris has left the conversation.
Jonny says:
Guy, look what you did!
Guy says:
I didn't even say anything yet. Chill out.
Jonny says:
Get Chris back in here.
Guy says:
Why don't you do it?
I think he'll be more persuaded by you.
Jonny says:
Oh please.
Will says:
Actually, Guy has a point.
He'd probably listen to you more than the rest of us.
Jonny says:

OK.



Jonny says:
Hey...
Chris says:

Jonny says:
Will you come back to the chat, please?
Chris says:
Um... maybe.
Jonny says:
Guy didn't say anything, if you're worried.
No, actually, forget that. I know you're worried.
But he didn't say anything.
Chris says:
He didn't?
Jonny says:
No.
Chris says:
Oh.
Well...
I guess I'll go back.
Jonny says:
Good.




_____
Chris has entered the conversation.

Will says:
Ehhhh, there he is!
Guy says:
Ah, Chris, we missed you, man.
Chris says:
Sure you did.
Guy says:
Sorry about before. I won't spill your secret.
Chris says:
You better not, or I'm gonna have to beat you.
Will says:
Haha.
Chris says:
What is funny about that??
I could beat Guy!
Will says:
Yeah, maybe in a singing competition.
MAYBE.
Chris says:
Why are you guys so mean to me???
Guy says:
Because you act like a teenage girl.
Chris says:
I do not!!
Guy says:
Oh, Guy, I need your hellllppp! I need to get Jonny to notice meeeeeee, because I LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE HIMMMMM. Ooooh!
Will says:

Jonny says:
Oh...
Guy, you shouldn't have done that.
Guy says:
Why?
Jonny says:
Because it's something Chris told you in private!
If he wanted everyone else to know, he would have told everyone else.
Will says:
Yeah, as much as I like drama, Jonny's right.
That was a pretty lame thing to do, Guy.
Guy says:
Oh, so now it's gang up on Guy time?
Will says:
Yes it is
Guy says:
I don't need this.
Will says:
because you deserve it.
Jonny says:
You don't need this?
Guy says:
Right, I don't need this.
_____
Guy has left the conversation.

Jonny says:
I can't believe him!
Will says:
I can.
Unfortunately.
Jonny says:
… What happened to Chris?
Will says:
I don't know...
He's still in the room...
Chris, you didn't, like, pass out or anything, did you?
Chris says:
No... I didn't...
Um... Jonny... I...
Oh god
gkldnscawwm;fklna;FECALNEwc4;rlasanfckja
Jonny says:
Uh... I don't think that's a good sign...
Will says:
Shit!
Do you think we should call him or go check on him or something??
Jonny says:
Yeah, that might be a good idea.
Actually, maybe I shouldn't go.
You know, since... yeah.
Will says:
You're right.
Guy's logged off, hasn't he?
Jonny says:
I think so.
Will says:
Of course.
What a prick.
OK, I'm gonna go check on Chris. I'll talk to you later... hopefully everything will be all right.
Jonny says:
Yeah, you do that.
Will says:
Will you be here when I get back?
Jonny says:
Probably... I think I'm going to be here for a while.
It seems like I have quite a few things to think about.
Will says:
Oh, right.
Well, good luck.
Jonny says:
Thanks, I think I'm gonna need it.
And, good luck to you, too!
Will says:
Yeah.
OK, talk to you later.
Jonny says:
Bye.
_____
Will has left the conversation.
Chris says:
fklcneawocksn;vnno4q25rh3qiafcnndlga'rglaLvndckzsl s;al'FLnnn;NFK
Jonny says: Oh my.


---

Chris says:
Oh my god!
Jonny says:
What?
Chris says:
Do you have any idea how heavy Chris is??
I mean, that kid's pretty skinny, but he's tall and it adds up.
Jonny says:
So, he's out, then?
Chris says:
Without a doubt.
Jonny says:
Well.. could you tell me when he wakes up?
I have something I need to say to him.
Chris says:
Ooooh, what is it?
Jonny says:
I'm not telling you!
Chris says:
Why not?
I'm much more trustworthy than Guy.
Jonny says:
Because I'm already nervous enough.
And I want Chris to be the first to hear it.
Chris says:
Aw, you're going to tell him you love him, aren't you?
Jonny says:
… Maybe.
Chris says:
Awww!
Jonny says:
Stop it! You're making me more nervous!
Chris says:
What's there to be nervous about?
You already know he loves you, it's not like you've got anything to lose.
Jonny says:
I know, but...
I'm just nervous, OK?!
Chris says:
Why would you want to say it to him over this thing anyway?
Jonny say:
Oh. Good point.
Well, then, I guess I'll see you in a few minutes.
_____
Jonny
has left the conversation.



Jonny knocked on the door. His hands were sweating like crazy. Will was right, what did he have to be nervous about?

Sparkly blue eyes answered the door. Jonny felt nauseous.

“I love you,” he vomited, stealing all the oxygen from Chris. He stood there, wide-eyed, for about an eternity.

“You do?” Chris finally asked when he found his voice. He stared into Jonny's green eyes for a moment. Really stared. “Oh, you do!”

Chris jumped forward and threw his arms around Jonny. He laid his head on Jonny's shoulder and they both just stood there for a while, enjoying each other's embrace.

“What happened to Will?”

“Will? Oh,” Chris said. He pulled back to look at Jonny and laughed. “Will was never here.”

“...What?”

“It was all a set-up,” Chris quickly explained. “Forget about it, oh! It's such a perfect day!”

He hugged Jonny again, but the idea was soon put into his mind that they would fair a lot better inside Chris's apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment