Monday, April 12, 2010

I've Got to Tell You

Part 1
"Jonny?" Chris called through the door of Jonny's room.

"Chris?" Jonny asked as he opened the door. "What are you doing here? And what are you wearing?"

Chris was dressed in a very fancy, purple button-up shirt and black dress pants. His hair was slicked back a bit and he looked like he'd shaved.

"Um, I had a date tonight. It ended... badly? I guess."

"Sorry to hear that."

"Well, maybe not badly, but certainly not how either of us expected. At least, she didn't see it coming," Chris said.

"Didn't see what coming?"

"Can I come inside?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, of course," Jonny replied, stepping aside to allow Chris to enter the room. "So what happened?"

Chris took a seat in the chair that was in the corner of the room. He took a deep breath and looked up at Jonny. "She figured it out."

Part 2
"Figured what out?" Jonny asked. He had no idea what Chris was talking about.

"Something that I've known for a while. And I always suspected it would happen, you know? I think it was just inevitable."

"What was?" Jonny asked, sitting down in the chair beside Chris'.

"I... it's not easy to say, you know. I don't know if I'm ready to tell you."

"Then why did you come here?"

"Because I want to tell you," Chris said.

"Then just tell me. There's nothing to be afraid of, right?"

"No, I know. It's just... isn't it hard to tell someone how you feel?"

"Yeah, it is," Jonny replied, looking at his friend. "Especially if you love them."

Part 3
"I thought you didn't know already," Chris said.

"Okay... now you've lost me."

"You said... but you weren't talking about me, were you?"

"I was just talking about people in general," Jonny lied.

"I wasn't," Chris muttered.

"Why don't you just tell me what happened on your date? Maybe it'll help."

"Okay," Chris said. "Remember that girl who we met a few weeks ago at that party? Marie?"

"Yeah. She was smokin'."

"Well, I went out with her. And yeah, she's a total babe. She's really nice, too, but there was no real connection between us. And... I thought I knew why."

"Why?" Jonny asked.

"She told me..." Chris started, taking another deep breath. "Well, it appeared that every story I told had something to do with you. Even when she asked me about other girls I thought were attractive."

"She asked you about other girls?" Jonny asked, and Chris nodded.

"And I managed to talk about you," Chris said, looking up at Jonny. "Do you see where this is going?"

Part 4
Jonny and Chris had been sitting in silence for a few minutes. Jonny was thinking as hard as he could, and Chris was watching him worriedly.

"...Oh," Jonny finally said.

"Oh?"

"Well, that's a relief!" Chris looked at him with a confused expression.

"What do you mean?"

"It's good to know the feeling is mutual."

"Mutual?" Chris asked, his heart beating faster. "You mean, you..."

"Think I'd look fantastic as a girl?" Jonny finished. "Yeah. And I'm glad you think so, too." Chris' face fell.

"That's not what I meant," he said. "Jonny, I'm in love with you."

"I know, I just wanted to hear you say it," Jonny grinned.

"Oh, you're tricky! Wait, does that mean that you really do love me, too?"

"Yes."

"Good," Chris smiled. "Are we gonna do anything about it?"

"Well... we have this nice hotel room all to ourselves. We could do a lot about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment