Monday, April 12, 2010

If Only

What could be more ordinary than sitting outside of a nice pizzeria in New York City? Just sitting, sunglasses on for protection from the blazing sun, eating the pizza which you've just recently purchased, savoring the wonderful flavor combination of sauce, cheese, bread, and fish. That's right, I eat anchovies on my pizza. It's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. That's beside the point, anyway. This would all be normal to the regular human being, even the anchovies bit.

So why was this different? It's not like I was sitting with the Queen of England, just Chris Martin. I'm not even sure the Queen would be sitting outside like that in New York. And does she even wear sunglasses? Well, I do. I was wearing them to avoid going blind. Yet, I was blinded. Not by the sun, of course, because $250 pairs of sunglasses actually work quite well. But no amount of shade could prevent my eyes from melting when I looked at him.

Oh, that's why. I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but not even the Queen of England could set my heart on fire like that man. His curls of an unspecified color (because, really, who the hell knows what color it actually is?) and an unimportant length lay quite relaxed on the smooth skin that stretched over his face. Despite the slight gap between his front teeth, his goofy smile was always heartwarming and brilliantly adorable. And his eyes. I don't think words can really describe those eyes accurately enough to be worthy of mention. I could say that they're bright, blue, gorgeous, lovely, amazing, stunning, entrancing, but none of those scratch the surface of doing the real things justice.

And let's forget about whatever God there may be, as we might never know if there really is one. Instead, let's thank his parents. For we can definitely say that without them, we would not have such a fantastic human being with whom I was eating pizza. So fantastic.

Therefore, when he spoke to me with such passion, I couldn't help being hypnotized by his every word. When he told me about this person he'd recently discovered he had feelings for, I couldn't help wondering if he'd asked me to have lunch with him for a reason greater than 'you're one of my best mates'. When he leaned forward and looked me directly in the eyes, I couldn't help smiling. Therefore, when he finally reached the point of his speech where he would reveal the person he had feelings for, and said this:

"You've got a bit of anchovy stuck in your teeth, mate."

I just had to do this.

Thanks a lot, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment