Saturday, May 22, 2010

um...

a poem... with a title...




You've got my heart in your hands,
and my soul's there as well,
any day without you is a day spent in hell.
Some days you look angry,
like the world's done you wrong,
and those are the days for you I write a song
with lyrics that are awful
but they come from my heart,
and it's not exactly a confession, but at least it's a start.
Some days I feel sad,
when I miss you and your charms,
and all I really want is to just hold you in my arms.
It seems we're rather miserable,
when we could be in total bliss,
so, please, I'm asking you, think about this:
Cynical expression rhymes with clinical depression,
do you think that's a sign?
Are we then meant to be?
Let's run out to the ocean or hold hands in the sea,
and why not?
We're already on the beach,
on all the beaches of the world,
and I think it's our chance to let our love go unfurled.
This is our paradise, Jonny,
our opportunity to shine,
so look me straight in the eyes and tell me that you'll be mine;
I'm already yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment