Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Message

A song was missing, we felt it so.
The record was unbalanced, something needed to go
in there to fix it, but we weren't quite sure what.
It seemed we were stuck in quite a rut.
One night Chris went home, as he usually would,
and the next morning he came back with something spectacularly good.
"Fellows, gather round," he said to us all,
"I'll play you this song if you come out of the hall."
So we three filled the room along with dear Chris,
and he played us the song that was magical bliss.
"My word, Chris, you've done it!" enthusiastically said by Will,
and we all took turns to awe at Chris's skill.
We asked him to humor us, to hear our plead
and tell us how it came about; reluctantly, he agreed.
"I'll tell you the truth, but I hope you can take it
For you see, my friends, I wrote this song naked."
And not one of us could believe the words that he spoke
Will was left with wide eyes, Guy looked like he'd had a stroke.
But I was calm, for I had actually be lying ere.
It was no surprise, because when Chris wrote it, I was there.
It was a good story to tell the fans, made the girls go crazy
and swoon and nearly faint, acting quite hazy.
Imagine what would have happened had they known I was there as well-
it's possible our lives could have become total hell.
The information, if leaked, would cause an absolute fuss,
and so for that reason we'll keep it just between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment