Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Girl

There's a girl I know who lives not far
From the place I like to stay,
She'll always walk past all the boys,
And she takes their breath away.
They gawk and gape at her beauty,
Stare until she's in the distance,
And even then they can't help but dwell
On the miracle of her existence.

She sat beside me one day on the subway,
Her golden hair on her shoulders flowing,
And the way she looked at me was strange,
It was almost as if she was glowing.
Maybe that was her angelic quality,
The one that everyone admired,
But I have to admit I was not impressed,
And this girl was not what I desired.

I do not love this girl,
As all others seem to do.
I can not love this girl,
Because my heart is stuck on you.

“What's your name?” she coolly asked me,
And I tried to not be remiss,
I looked away from her and sighed,
“Well, my name is Chris.”
I could tell what she wanted from me,
And I should have been glad to know,
But I was only thinking of you right then,
And I even thought of telling her so.

Luckily, my stop came up,
And off the subway I went,
As I walked through the door I turned around
To see that she looked quite bent.
But I was on a mission now,
I had a man to meet at noon,
And as I walked my heart beat fast
At the prospect of seeing you soon.

I do only love you, Jonny,
I couldn't deny it even if I tried.
I can only love you, Jonny,
So... I'm sorry that I lied.

Will you forgive me?
I didn't mean it when I said
That you only imagined things,
That this was all in your head.
I just thought you wouldn't like it,
I didn't realize you felt it, too,
Otherwise I would have nodded,
And screamed, YES, Jonny, I love you!

But now we both know the truth,
And so there is nothing to fuss about,
You are my only love and it will remain
That way forever, I have no doubt.
And so not even a pretty girl,
With waves of a golden hue,
Could distract me, and by no means
Could take my love from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment